A recipe for Vanilla & Almond Choc-Chip Cookies.
These are the perfect guilt-free, soft centered chocolate cookies. They’re paleo, egg-free, high in protein and vegan too! The preference for chocolate is cocoa, which can be found in health food stores. Cocoa is the raw, unprocessed version of chocolate – which is considered a super food. High in vitamins, minerals and magnesium (which reduces stress and headaches).
All the proof we need that healthy can be more than delicious!
1½ cups almond meal
2½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
¼ cup cacao nibs
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 170*c (340*f)
2. Melt the coconut oil for one minute, using the microwave.
3. And combine all ingredients in a bowl.
4. Mix it up using your hands (make sure you wash your hands first!)
5. Scoop out 1 tbs of mix, and place it onto a lined baking tray. Press your thumb lightly in the centre to flatten them.
6. Bake your cookies for 13 – 15 minutes or until golden. They will be soft when removed from the oven but will firm up as they cool – the centres will stay soft.
7. Store cookies in a sealed container for up to 5 days
–Report and photo by Jessica Abdo
Recipe from “The Whole Pantry” app available for iPhone and Android.