After months of concern from anyone involved at AFL level, Jarryd Roughhead of Hawthorn has comforted all, saying ‘’I am now cancer free”.
It was revealed on Tuesday that Jarryd Roughhead was told by doctors that he can now go back to living his normal life, ‘’I’ve had a complete response from the treatment so far, and the doctor has given me the all clear to get back to living a normal life,’’ Roughhead said in front of Hawthorn Media.
The four-time premiership player will be training as per normal with his teammates as they launch for the 2017 season, but has yet to put a timeline on his return to playing.
‘’We initially thought it would be around June or July, to get back to training and doing all of this again we’re on the right path to playing footy again. We won’t put a round on it, because then you get all the journo’s going ‘what are you doing? You missed out on that?’’’
Roughhead thanked all involved at Hawthorn, his family and friends for their continual help with his treatment. – Paul Robinson
Photo of Jarryd Roughhead from the Hawthorn Hawks Twitter feed.