Calling all aspiring models! The same competition that launched the careers of Catherine McNeil, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Jessica Gomes is back for 2014.
Girlfriend magazine is on its way to Melbourne to find healthy and confident girls to be Australia’s “next big thing”.
On the judging panel is model and former Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search finalist, Samantha Harris, Girlfriend editor Sarah Tarca, Chic Management’s Ursula Hufnagl and beauty vlogger Lauren Curtis. They are calling girls aged 13 and above to audition at Westfield Southland 9am tomorrow to participate in the competition.
Girlfriend editor Sarah Tarca said, “The girls from VIC are definitely one to watch!
“[They] are unlike any others. They have a certain edge. I love their attitude, their style, their clothes, their haircuts – they are all really unique,” she said.
Every reader who attends the Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search will get the opportunity to meet the Girlfriend team and visit the Rimmel London Style Academy for a free makeover, as well as receiving a goodie bag and prize giveaways.
Girlfriend and Rimmel London are also looking to uncover the Rimmel Beauty Insider, to coincide with the competition.
The winner will be given the opportunity to attend the winner’s photo shoot and star in a behind-the-scenes video. They will also receive $500 worth of Rimmel make-up and a one-on-one mentoring session with beauty vlogger Lauren Curtis.
Lauren, who has over 1.8 million YouTube subscribers, will host a make-up Q&A on the day, with MTV personality Kate Peck as the event MC. Social media sensation Sarah Ellen will make a special appearance and host an audience meet-and-greet with a Q&A.
The Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search is looking for “country girls, city girls, beach girls and skater girls – and Melbourne has this in bucket loads.”
Get ready to be discovered girls. – Simone Poole
The overall winner of the 2014 Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search will receive:
- A two-year contact with Chic Management
- An opportunity to be represented by Next Model Management in one of its six overseas agencies
- An appearance in two fashion shoots with Girlfriend magazine
- A one-year supply of Rimmel London products
Each national finalist will win
- A two-year contract with Chic Management
- Return airfares to Sydney for the finalists’ fashion shoot.
- Return airfares to Sydney for the winner announcement event
- A Rimmel London pack, valued at $500
The state finalists will each receive:
- A Rimmel London pack, valued at $100
- Instax Mini 8 camera pack, valued at $99
- Their photo published on the GF website
All entrants will receive
- A Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search goodie bag valued at $50
- National Finalists Selection – Monday, July 7
- National Finalists Shoot – Monday, July 21
- Winner Selection – Friday, July 25
- Winner Shoot – Thursday, August 14
- Winner Event – Tuesday, September 16
- Winner Announced – October issue (on sale Thursday, September 18)
Information and quotes above taken from Girlfriend media release
Top photo from Eva Rinaldi’s Flickr photostream.